Serving the Kittredge Community
The people of KCBC are amazing. They're amazing because of what God is doing in their lives. There's Jim who can barely hear and struggles with balance issues yet is faithful in serving others. There's Shane who has debilitating CP yet worships with genuine joy each week and is such an encouragement to many. And there are many others who struggle yet do so with joy in their Savior. Each person at KCBC has a story. And although our stories are all different, we share a common theme of how God has saved us and how we now live our lives for the Lord. We're not perfect by any means, but we know we're not, and this knowledge gives us an uncommon unity and love for others.
Timothy S. Salcedo, M.Div.
Pastor Tim grew up in Southern California and graduated from Bible College in 1990, where he also met his wife Aletha. After graduating, Tim taught Special Education students in Torrance, California for 7 years. Then, after working as an electrician for the next 4 years, he returned to education to teach 1st—8th grades at Grand Island Christian School in Nebraska. He was the Principal of the school for 6 of the 9 years he worked there.
While serving as Principal, Tim felt God’s call to become a Pastor, so his family moved from Nebraska to Colorado and attended Sangre de Cristo Seminary in Westcliffe, CO. In 2014. Tim graduated with a Master’s of Divinity and then started serving with Village Missions. VM sent Tim to pastor KCBC in December 2015.
OUR MISSION & CALLING
Preaching and Living Christ Crucified
At Kittredge Community Bible Church we seek to know Christ and to make Him known locally and abroad.
Preaching and teaching is done from the Word of God because in it we find the truths and comfort needed for everyday living, including the gospel message which is summarized in Romans 6:23 --The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At the Heart of Everything We Do
1. We believe in the Bible, as contained in both the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God and without error in the original language. We believe that the Bible is the final court of appeals in all matters of Christian doctrine and Christian practice (II Timothy 3:14—17).
2. We believe in one God existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. We believe the persons of the Godhead to be co-equal and eternal (Matthew 28:19; John 3:16; Philippians 2:5-8; Acts 5:3-4).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is both true God and true man (John 1:1—14; Matthew 1:18-25).
4. We believe that Jesus Christ died a substitutional, atoning death on the cross as recorded in the Holy Scriptures; that all who by an act of faith believe in Him are justified (declared righteous) in the reckoning of the eternal Godhead (John 10:11,14-18, 22-29; Romans 5:1-8).
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, are totally depraved and need a savior from sin (Genesis 1:26; 2:17; John 3:6; Romans 3:10-23).
6. We believe that eternal salvation, the complete forgiveness of sin, is motivated by the mercy and grace of God; made possible by Christ’s atoning death on the cross; is appropriated by individual faith and is not based on any work or merit of an individual (Ephesians 2:8-9).
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, that He was seen of men for a period of forty days, that He ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God, the Father; that He ever lives to make intercession for all who come to God by Him (Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 1:20,21; I Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 4:14).
8. We believe that the true or invisible Church which began on the day of Pentecost is the body of Christ; that each one who receives Jesus Christ as personal Savior for the penalty of sin, is a member of that invisible Church, the body of Christ; that each individual believer or member is in-dwelt by the third person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit (I Corinthians 12:12-27 and 6:19, 20).
9. We believe in the blessed hope, the personal, imminent return of Jesus Christ for His bride, the true Church (I Thessalonians 4:13-18).
10. We believe the Bible clearly teaches that Satan is a person who is the enemy of God and the enemy of the believer; that God will eternally punish him in the lake of fire along with human beings who have placed their allegiance with the enemy of their souls (Job 1:7; Matthew 25:31-41; Revelation 20:10-15).
11. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust; in the state of conscious bliss of the resurrected believer; in the state of conscious eternal separation from God of the unbeliever (Revelation 20: 11-15; 22:11-14; I Corinthians 15:1-58).
12. We believe all believers are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices. Their obligation is to witness by deed and word to those truths and to proclaim the Gospel to all the world (James 4:4; Acts 1:8; Rom. 12:1,2).